The Batmobile Tour Visit Pittsburgh
The Batmobile Tour –
Seven unique vehicles from the Batman franchise visit Pittsburgh
Saturday, November 17, 12:00PM – 7:00PM
Sunday, November 1, 4:00PM – 9:00PM
at Heinz Field, Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A
For the first time in Batman franchise history, witness six Batmobiles and the Bat-Pod as they embark on a tour of sporting events across America prior to the December 4th home entertainment release of The Dark Knight Rises, the final film in Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy.
The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray Combo Pack includes “The Batmobile” documentary, an hour-long in-depth look into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman’s arsenal. Journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.
The following vehicles will be on display:
- Batman television series and Batman, The Movie (1966) – driven by Adam West
- Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992) – driven by Michael Keaton
- Batman Forever (1995) – driven by Val Kilmer
- Batman & Robin (1997) – driven by George Clooney
- Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) – Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler, Bat-Pod – driven by Christian Bale
- Batman Television Series and Batman, the Movie (1966)
Designer and builder George Barris and Barris Kustom Ind.
- Batman (1989), Batman Returns (1992)
Batman (1989) Production Designer Anton Furst, with art director Terry Ackland-Snow and special effects supervisor John Evans for the build. Batman Returns (1992) Production designer Bo Welch – modifications made.
- Batman Forever (1995)
Production designer Barbara Ling, with automotive illustrator Tim Flattery and builders TransFX.
- Batman & Robin (1997)
Production designer Barbara Ling, with designer/illustrator Harald Belker and builders TransFX.
- Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (Black Tumbler, Camouflage Tumbler, Batpod) Director Christopher Nolan and production designer Nathan Crowley with special effects supervisor Chris Corbould and his team of special effects technicians for the build.