Panera Bread Family Health & Fitness Expo
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Arts, crafts, food, sports and entertainment… all with a focus on health and fitness for the entire family.
Visit the Panera Bread Family Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, Sept. 14 and Sunday, Sept. 15 at Carnegie Science Center for a weekend of fun events.
Saturday kicks off with a family bike ride on the North Shore. It’s organized by Pittsburgh’s Flock of Cycles and hosted by former Pittsburgh football player Chris Hoke, the Pittsburgh CW Green Team and KDKA-TV personalities. Pick from two rides, a 1.5 or 5.5 K ride.
Your ticket to ride will also include: a light breakfast of bagels and assorted pastries provided by Panera, a goody-filled string bag, and admission to Carnegie Science Center and the Panera Bread Family Health & Fitness Expo. Advance registration is required for the ride.
Staying fit and healthy is much more fun when the whole family gets involved!
Children will love the Tender Care Learning Center Kids Corner, which includes the new Choosy health program on fitness and nutrition. Enjoy arts and crafts, and yoga classes with Tender Teddy! Gemini Theatre will be at the expo to entertain with music.
Stroll through the vendors and visit booths for various health screenings cooking demonstrations by Pamper Chef and much more.
“We are excited to be partnering with KDKA-TV and Pittsburgh’s CW, and Panera Bread to host an expo that ties in so well with our ‘BIKES: Science on Two Wheels’ exhibit,” says Susan Zimecki, director of Marketing and Community Affairs for Carnegie Science Center.
Carnegie Science Center
1 Allegheny Ave., North Shore
Participating vendors include:
- Gemini Children’s Theater
- Tender Care Learning Centers
- Flock of Cycles
- Walk Pittsburgh
- Gluten Free Zone
- Linda Cahill and The Pampered Chef
- Panera Bread
- Pretzel Crazy
- SALADA Tea Therapy Performance
- ABBVIE Crohn’s & Colitis Patient Advocate, Tara Bertini
- ABBVIE Psoriasis Patient Advocate, Rebbeca Vidak
- American Diabetes Association of Western Pennsylvania
- Revive Upper Cervical Chiropractic
- Scott Medical Health Centre
- Whitehall Health and Laser Spa
- Young Women’s Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation
- Fantastic Sams Hair Salons
- Aunt Penny’s Dog Training
- The Ellis School