LATROBE (KDKA) – The road to a Super Bowl championship is a long one. For the Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans, they hope the road begins at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe.
There will also be plenty of activities for fans at the Steelers Experience from noon until 6 p.m. daily.READ MORE: Kung Fu Kicks Off April 7
Over the years, some players have arrived at camp in interesting ways.
While some players arrived in luxury vehicles, Brett Keisel once pulled up in a dump truck.
No one has topped Keisel since, but some have tried.
TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
The full training camp schedule is as follows:
- Thurs. July 27 All players report by 4 p.m.
- Fri. July 28 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Sat. July 29 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Sun. July 30 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Mon. July 31 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Tues. Aug. 1 Players Day Off (No Practice)
- Wed. Aug. 2 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Thurs. Aug. 3 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Fri. Aug. 4 7 p.m. Latrobe Memorial Stadium (Open To Public)
- Sat. Aug. 5 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Sun. Aug. 6 Evening Practice at Heinz Field; Details TBA
- Mon. Aug. 7 Players Day Off (No Practice)
- Tues. Aug. 8 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Wed. Aug. 9 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Thurs. Aug. 10 Practice Not Open To Public
- Fri. Aug. 11 First Preseason Game at N.Y. Giants (7 p.m. KDKA-TV)
- Sat. Aug. 12 Players Day Off (No Practice)
- Sun. Aug. 13 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Mon. Aug. 14 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Tues. Aug. 15 Players Day Off (No Practice)
- Wed. Aug. 16 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Thurs. Aug. 17 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Fri. Aug. 18 2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)
- Sat. Aug. 19 Practice Not Open To Public
- Sun. Aug. 20 Second Preseason Game vs. Atlanta (4 p.m. KDKA-TV)
*Schedule Subject To Change
Parking & Directions
Parking is free and available in the fields adjacent to the camp entrance. For handicap parking access, see a parking lot attendant upon arrival.
If you’re using a GPS to guide you to camp, here’s the address to use:READ MORE: FAN N'ATION: Returning April 17
Saint Vincent College
3000 Fraser Purchase Road
Latrobe, PA 15650
Directions From The Steelers’ Website:
From the Pittsburgh International Airport and Pittsburgh area:
Follow signs to Pittsburgh and travel on I-376 East towards Pittsburgh for 17 miles through the Fort Pitt Tunnel. (if traveling from the airport.) Stay in the right lane and follow I-376 East (Parkway East) for approximately 18 miles to the PA Turnpike exit in Monroeville Milepost #56. Travel east on the PA Turnpike (I-76) to Milepost #67 Irwin. Upon exiting, bear right and follow Route 30 East to Latrobe for approximately 15 miles. Once you pass Westmoreland Mall, Saint Vincent College is approximately 3-4 miles east of that landmark. Make a left hand turn at the traffic light at Saint Vincent Drive to the entrance of Saint Vincent College from Route 30 East. Proceed 1/2 mile, and turn left onto campus. Approximate travel time is one hour 30 minutes from Airport.
From Harrisburg, Philadelphia, New Jersey and points east:
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-76 West, to exit 91 (old exit 9) Donegal, take Pennsylvania Route 711 North to junction with U.S. Route 30 in Ligonier, take Route 30 West 10.4 miles to the stop light at Saint Vincent Drive, turn right onto Fraser Purchase Road (unmarked), go 1/2 mile, and turn left onto campus.
If you are coming from an area not listed, visit the Steelers’ website here.
Hotels & Dining Around Latrobe
Check out the map below from LaurelHighlands.org for a variety of hotel and dining options around Saint Vincent College.
Stay With KDKA.com For More DetailsMORE NEWS: THE CW NETWORK, TBS AND TNT GIVE PROMOTIONAL BOOST TO NEW SERIES “KUNG FU” AND “WIPEOUT”